Monday, January 14, 2013

Unicorns are the new bears

It was a pretty productive first full week of 2013.  My energies have mainly been focused on starting/finishing a commission I received late last year (pics to follow).  However, during the down-times on that piece (waiting for washes to dry, planning next moves, etc.), I've been exploring a theme I began sketching while on a flight shortly after the New Year.  Here are the first three pieces of what is perhaps shaping-up to be my Unicorn Cycle (my unicycle?).

A Unicorn Wasting

A unicorn in Iceland (Einhyrningur)
A Unicorn Run-Through by an Angel of the Lord

All pieces were done on 14" x 10" Cotman watercolor block (140 lbs cold-pressed).  I grabbed a few of these blocks when my favorite local art shop was liquidating its inventory.  Excellent paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment